Re: Quisling?

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:04:14 +0800

Glenn

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:52:28 -0500, Glenn R. Morton wrote:

GM>At 01:26 PM 6/15/98 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:
>JWB>The stephen wrote to you: " Yours is the strategy of the quisling... ."

[...]

>JWB>FWIW, I found nothing of particular value in his post to you. The
>>citation of a definition for "quisling" was particularly laughable.
>
>I agree. I thought it was silly and indeed, I laughed. The real Quisling
>and I have nothing in common.

What you and "The real Quisling...have...in common" is the same *strategy*:
of "cooperating with an enemy" (Coulson J., et al, eds., "The Oxford
Illustrated Dictionary", 1980, p694)

In this case the "enemy" is Atheistic Materialism in the guise of Evolution.
You sincerely believe that the correct strategy is appeasing atheists like
Dawkins and destructively criticising Christian apologists like Hugh Ross
and Phil Johnson, who oppose Evolution.

This is classic quisling strategy. When confronted by overwhelming
force and almost certain defeat, quislings believe that the best strategy for
their side's survival is to attack those on one's side who are opposing the
enemy and try to appease the enemy.

Some, like the original quisling, Vidkun Quisling, the Norwegian politician
who collaborated Nazis during World War II, even believe the enemy is
mostly right, and their own side is mostly wrong. One wonders why they
don't just join the enemy and be done with it. Maybe unconsciously they
already have?

Steve

"Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented."
--- Dr. William Provine, Professor of History and Biology, Cornell University.
http://fp.bio.utk.edu/darwin/1998/slides_view/Slide_7.html

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)