Re: Quisling?

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 06:05:12 +0800

Burgy

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:26:44 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:

SJ>The stephen wrote to you: " Yours is the strategy of the quisling... ."

JWB>How well I remember the days when that kind of a remark would get one
>either a fat lip or -- more likely -- a dismissal from polite company!
>
>FWIW, I found nothing of particular value in his post to you. The
>citation of a definition for "quisling" was particularly laughable.

I am not intimidated by your threats of the email equivalent of a "fat lip"
or afraid of being dismissed from your "polite company."

Also, I am not concerned that you say you find nothing of value in my posts.

Your overreaction to *one* claimed case of rudeness just further confirms
my views about the deadening effect of naturalism on otherwise fine Christians.

You claim to find it "laughable" that I regard Glenn's strategy as that of
a quisling, But I note that you deleted the dictionary definition of same:

"quisling ...Person cooperating with an enemy who has occupied his country...."
(Coulson J., et al, eds., "The Oxford Illustrated Dictionary", 1980, p694)

I stand by my claim that this term aptly describes Glenn's *strategy* of destructively
attacking Christian apologists like Ross and Johnson who oppose evolution,
while trying to appease militant atheists like Richard Dawkins.

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:10:34 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:

JWB>Glenn -- your reply made me look at my terminology (the stephen) in
>someone else's post; that and an off line noter from another subscriber
>convinces me that I was wrong in using the term.
>
>Stephen, I apologize for its use.

Thanks for the apology, but I don't understand what you are apologising
for. If "the stephen" was meant pejoratively, I did not get it. I've never
heard of the term.

Steve

"Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented."
--- Dr. William Provine, Professor of History and Biology, Cornell University.
http://fp.bio.utk.edu/darwin/1998/slides_view/Slide_7.html

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)