Re: Glenn wrote:

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 19:32:26 -0500

At 09:17 AM 5/27/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:

>Oh, I don't know, I guess when you stated the following
>At 04:41 PM 5/22/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>
>> There are so many
>>other historical examples of error. Nebraska Man, Piltdown man, the
>>recapitulation theory, Neanderthal man, to name just a few. I understand
>>that these examples were later found to be fraudulent by other scientists,
>>but at the time they were considered the last, most up-to-date word on the
>>subject.<<<<
>
>Hoisted on my own pitard, so to speak. Upon looking in my dictionary I DID
>use the term incorrectly. I should have used 'in error' rather than
>'fraudulent'.

I much appreciate the honesty here. Being in error is quite a different
thing than being fraudulent. We are all in error about numerous things.

>though
>> >the truth was different from their exhibits. Isn't that fraud by your
>> >definition?<<<
>
>Still awaiting an answer on this.

It depends upon whether or not the curators believed the new data. Not
every new thing is true (unless you are willing to accede the truth of
evolution because it is a newly reported scientific view). If they believed
that Neanderthal walked like us and they didn't change them, then yes I
would agree it was fraud. But I can't get into their heads so I will give
them the benefit of the doubt.

>Nordenskjold also mentioned 'other facts of Darwin are all of 2nd rate
>value'. Wonder what he meant by that?

Why don't you ask him rather than have us speculate about it?

>Why did Hayward present a whole chapter on precisely what you were
>referring to when you indicated that no reputable scientist disagrees with
>evolution and defied anyone to come up with an answer to it. ( (This
>simply isn't true. Macroevolutin is well regarded by almost all academics.
> Can you cite a single, non-christian academic that says that evolution did
>not occur?)

Maybe like the original describers of Neanderthal and Piltdown, Hayward is
in error?

>> describe the 'whole land' or 'whole earth' in Genesis 6-9 is used in
>> regards to Abraham where he is told to get off the planet if eretz means
>> planet earth. Why did Abraham disobey God and move from Ur to Palestine
>> rather than to Mars? Why Ron?<<<
>The quotation goes like this in Genesis 12:1. The Lord said to Abram,
>"leave your country (or land, strong's 776) your people and your father's
>household and go to the land (or country, Strong's 776) I will show you.
>The context seems to indicate that God did not call Abram to leave earth
>and go to Mars

You are using the ENGLISH context of 'land'. 'eretz' is what is under
question here and if you insist on using it as planet earth, then why can't
I insist on having Abe disobey God? To translate this as

The Lord said to Abram,
>"leave your country (or land, strong's 776) your people and your father's
>household and go to the planet I will show you.

Should also be acceptable. Afterall, what was God's INTENTION?

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood