Re: Destructive criticism of Christian apologists (was Denigrating falsehood)

Ed Brayton (cynic@net-link.net)
Tue, 26 May 1998 18:41:47 -0400

Ron Chitwood wrote:

> creationists, but you creationists are objective about us. So objective,
> in fact, that you accuse someone of doing something and refuse to
> support it or retract it. I bow before your amazing objectivity.<<<<
>
> I would say that the tendency toward bias is more pronounced in atheistic
> evolutionism and to admit one is in error is to 'lose face' among
> colleagues of similar beliefs since the idea 'man is the measure of all
> things' is its support.

I would suggest that a reading of the evidence shows quite clearly that
evolutionists are far more willing to admit error than creationists. The
history of creationist arguments (and I refer especially to young earth
creationist arguments here) that have been shown to be false yet
continue to be argued is quite long - Paluxy mantracks, Lucy's knee
joint, the lunar dust story, the shrinking sun, metals in the oceans,
the Lewis overthrust, and so on. I could continue for quite some time
listing them all. A scientist who continued to make such arguments so
long after they have been thoroughly debunked would be laughed off the
stage.

> A Christian can and should be more objective,
> since our Lord spent quite a few of His lessons on humility and truth above
> all else.

Perhaps you could clue in Mr. Jones on these attributes. He seems not to
understand them.

Ed