Re: Glenn wrote:

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 21 May 1998 06:10:51 -0500

At 05:59 AM 5/21/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>supposed to have caused a flood, in history, and this flood is supposed to
>have wiped out nearly all of mankind<<<<
>
>I need clarification on this. Do you believe the flood did not happen
>based on what science has found?

Ron, I am not sure that you have ever understood what I am about. I do
believe that the flood describe in the Bible happened exactly has it is
described. I don't think that it was global and that is what science has
found. The word translated as 'earth' in Genesis 6-9 which YECs take as
"planet earth" is the same word God used when He told Abraham to leave his
'land'. Abraham didn't go to Mars, Abraham left his country. The word
that YECs say means 'planet earth' actually means 'country'.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood