Re: Destructive criticism of Christian

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 17 May 1998 21:15:58 -0500

At 08:20 PM 5/17/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>Of course it doesn't! What are you talking about? I was mentioning that
>only because you seem to believe that only Christian apologists
>prevaricate, and that evolutionary academia are true blue to the core. As
>you, of all people, should know, evolutionism breeds people far more than
>true Christianity to stretch to truth to accommodate their ends.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying, and don't ascribe motives to me. I
have never used the term "prevaricate" or "lie" in relation to anyone I
have criticised. Remember I was a young-earther who also taught a bunch of
false stuff. One can teach false ideas without prevaricating as long as
one believes that what they teach is true. That was the case with me. I
believed what I taught as a YEC, but that belief didn't mean that I was
correct. I was entirely mistaken. Over the years I found that as I would
check out what other christians had written and what I had written, I would
find we were wrong. Being wrong does not mean that one is a liar. I never
lied; but I was very very very wrong.

So my criticisms are attempts to correct the factual errors of my fellow
believers. But please don't put words in my mouth.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood