Re: Destructive criticism of Christian apologists (was Denigrating falsehood)

Lloyd Eby (leby@nova.umuc.edu)
Sun, 17 May 1998 21:57:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Jim Bell wrote:

> You've left out a position that
> treats the Word of God for what it is (some would argue). In fact, it could
> be said that you are "running away" from the observational data of
> Scripture!
>
> No one considers Bernard Ramm or Donald Bloesch liberal, yet both would
> tell say conservatives must consider a deeper view, one that deals with the
> text as it is, not merely as they want it to be.

Let me jump into this discussion with a question. Just what is this view
of scripture that you suggest here? I do not understand, from your brief
note, just what this view is.

Lloyd Eby