Re: Where is Geology 401?

Dario Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:56:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Greg Billock wrote:

> I guess this puts you and them in the same category. :-) Taking your
> own advice, then, shall I not pay any more attention to you?

Greg:

If I gave the impression that I don't pay attention to geologists,
please forgive me. That wasn't my intention.

My point had to do with the many unknowns that exists in our planet and
regardless of how much time and effort spent this far, mysteries still
abound.

My 'bone of contention' if I may call it that, is the attitude of some of
them when it comes to postulating some points. If one disagrees with
them, one is made a fool of, labeled unlearned, untrained and in some many
words mentally challenged when in reality they don't know for sure. That
is why I liked the analogy given by Norm Smith earlier todady.

> Geologists will *always* be unsure of many things; as John pointed
> out, though, it does not follow that they're wrong about everything.

In like manner, they're not right about everything either.

Best Regards,

Dario