unfounded charges

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:31:01 -0500

This will be the last time I discuss this issue with Ron. So no one needs
to be worried about a long discussion of this incident. I will gladly give
Ron the last word on this, but I do have a few things to say and then I will
let it rest.

At 09:35 AM 4/24/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>liar? I didn't call him a liar ever. John believes what he says; he is
>wrong, but that doesn't make him a liar. Since you couldn't provide
>documentation for this "event" and were asked to be honorable in the matter
>
>but stated that you weren't honorable, would you now withdraw the charge?
>You were wrong but failed to admit it.<<<
>
>1.Glenn, get off your self-righteous high horse. If the word 'liar' was
>not used the inference was there is the word 'dishonest' if I remember
>correctly. I owe you no apology on this whatsoever. Shame on you!

You make a baseless charge that you can't back up with any documentation and
then say shame on me. WOW!

>Where
>is your Christian outlook on this? Even if I were guilty the proper
>Christian thing to do is to forgive.

One can not forgive until the offender seeks forgiveness. To do so condones
the activity. It is like letting the thief off the hook when he has no
intention of changing his ways. Why don't we forgive all the defendents in
the courthouse?

> Remember Jesus' answer to those
>self-righteous elders that wished to stone the adulteress - 'he that is
>without sin cast the first stone.' He also to her to 'go and sin no more'.
> Why don't you do the same for me? You need to think and study of what is
>meant by Isaiah 29:13. Not only I but others on this thread are perceiving
>you that way.

Sigh. Ron, you really don't know my heart at all. And to say that you do and
that my heart is far from the Lord, is truly sad. I feel more sorry for you
than anything else.

>2. This is a typical evolutionist response. Its happened many times
>before, and will continue to happen in the future. If the questions a
>creationist asks are unanswerable, the fanatical evolutionist shifts his
>attack to belittling the questioner, questioning his integrity, morals,
>intelligence and whatever else comes to mind.

Now, your facts are wrong. In the post I was responding to you didn't even
ask a question so there was no switcharroo on my part. Here is the reference
to that post for anyone who wants to check out my facts.
http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199804/0166.html

You were the one who gave rise to the charge that I had called John Morris a
liar. Here is the reference.
http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199804/0116.html

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood