Re: Yet more denigrating of Apologists (was Why?)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:33:11 -0500

Hi Dan,
At 11:29 AM 4/23/98 -0500, mullerd@chplink.CHP.EDU wrote:

> Glenn, my friend,
>
> Though I prefer to remain a quiet member of this list
> considering the teachings of others who, on both sides, have
> invested much more time into research than I have, I must
> boldly confront your following statement as an authority.
>
> you wrote to Ron Chitwood:
>
> >...Are you willing that evidence both in favor of and
> > evidence against young earth creationism be taught in
> > public schools? .........
> > The point of all this is to really determine if you are as
> > open-minded and fair to the other side from you as you
> > want them to be for your position.

{very interesting story snipped for space]

> Is this fair?

You obviously missed the post where in response to a similar question from
Ron, I stated unequivocally that it is not fair not to teach it is school.
(http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199804/0162.html) But if you do
want it taught in schools, both pro and con must be taught on both sides. I
frankly think few would graduate from high school as YECs if kids were to be
shown seismic data contradicting what the YECs teach.

I asked Ron the question I did because I doubt that YECs would be happy to
have their viewpoint both taught AND criticised in schools. If it is really
the discussion of both sides of the issue that is really desired, why isn't
it done in the Conservative churches today?

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood