Re: [Fwd: Re: Yet more denigrating of Apologists (was Why?)]

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 20:22:56 -0600

21 Apr 1998 22:36:52 -0400, Ed Brayton wrote:

> > The constantly fluctuating opinions of men over the centuries have
> > convinced me that man, generically speaking, hasn't a clue to what really
> > happened at creation or the flood, only opinion, and to speak of it as
> > fact, as macroevolutionists do, is most depressing.
>
> Geology is not an "opinion". It is a field of study with well
> established methods of study. That doesn't mean it is infallible, of
> course, but to say that it is just an opinion and therefore justify
> ignoring all geological data in favor of what you prefer to think is
> true is far too simplistic an equation.

Hi Ed and Ron,

Glenn and I have been discussing the origin of coal on the ASA
ListServ. Glenn has taken the OEC view (of course) and I have presented
the YEC position. That thread might shed some light on your
discussion. If you would like to check the archives for April, go to
http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/

adn look for the "Coal and the YEC Position" thread. It's still
continuing, BTW, if you would like to subscribe.

Take care,

Bill