Re: the atheist question

Dario Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Glenn Morton wrote:

> And he will eventually ask the same question I just asked. If Christians
> are not trustworthy in getting their facts correct, and the earlier
> Christians weren't trustworthy either, how can one know that there was a
> resurrection when it was reported by the original christians whose veracity
> we can't check.

Glenn:

Why don't you try asking the one who was resurrected? That is what we are
required to do. We're to look at the author and finisher of our faith.
Science can't lead me to or away from God. It is His Holy Spirit and this
by His will.

If your assertions or any mans' lead me away from God (not saying that
they are, but this is merely a hypothetical statement), then my faith
wasn't built on The Rock. 'My message and my preaching were not with wise
and persuasive words, but with a demostration of the Spirit's power, so
that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.' I
Cor. 2:4-5. And the power of the message is the gospel.

Lastly, The Bible isn't a scientific journal. So, why is it being treated
as such? Is one day from man's prespective the same as one day from
God's perspective?

I perceive that you have good motives behing all the papers you have
written and appreciate very much to see someone working so hard trying to
match data with Scripture. I think you should be commended for this
labor.

But truly nobody know exactly. Not the Young, Old, Non Earth Creationist
and even less the non-creationists. This are matters of mystery that when
I get over the other side of heaven, if I remember, I'll ask the one who
created it all.

But now, well...have fun my brother.

Sincerely,

Dario Giraldo