Re: Info on 'Egypt' book: A Test of Time

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:49:29 -0500

At 08:30 AM 3/17/98 GMT, Gary Collins wrote:

>Dear Karen (and anyone else who may be interested),
>
> A Test of Time
> The Bible - From Myth to History
>
>David Rohl
>
>Arrow Books Limited 1996
>
>ISBN: 0-09-936561-8

I went looking for the book on Amazon.com and didn't immediately find it.
However, I did find the following:

Pharaohs and Kings : A Biblical Quest
by David M. Rohl, David Rohl
List: $24.00
Our Price: $19.20
You Save: $4.80 (20%)
Availability: This title usually ships within 2-3 days.

Paperback, 448 pages
Published by Crown Pub
Publication date: July 1, 1997
ISBN: 0609801309

There's also a hardback version.

Amazon has a review of the book which mentions that it has also been
published under the name "A Test of time..."

Last year I got on an email list that was run by someone named Sanders (I
believe) who I believe is British. He had put together a series of
lectures in which he also claimed that by correcting some problems in the
conventional harmonizations of Hebrew and Egyptian chronologies, a whole
bunch of things fall into place. Sanders(?) also had a web site called
"Bible Mysteries". However he had trouble with the company that had given
him space for the page, as well as funding problems, and I haven't heard
anything from that list for some time.

--------
Bill Hamilton
Staff Research Engineer