Re: New Carbon-Dating fine-tuning

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 17:03:02 -0600

At 12:18 PM 3/3/98 -0600, Karen G. Jensen wrote:

>Has anyone found any scientific articles on this lake yet?
>
>It would be good to look at the original data.

I had my library fax the original article to me. The scientific data
mentioned in the article is that the core was a 75 m long continuous core.
During the Holocene the sedimentarin rate was 1.2 mm/yera and .61 mm/year
during the Glacial epoch. The base of the core is estimated to be 100,000
years old.

As John Rylander pointed out elsewhere they have a 29,100 year floating
chronology which they matched to the tree ring chronology via wiggle
matching in the C14 curves. Somewhere, and I can't find it right now, they
said that the wiggle matching was excellent. The atmospheric calibration
curve matches bthe Be-10 data quite nicely. It also detected a change in
atmospheric C14 level due to a geomagnetic excursion at 28,000 years ago.
All in all, the core seems consistent with other data which is available. to
calibrate the curve.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood