Re: What are Neo-Darwinian mechanisms? (was Conspiracy? (was

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 12:04:11 -0800

At 01:58 AM 3/3/98 -0800, Cliff Lundberg wrote:

>Is it so hard to imagine a pre-Cambrian epoch, a world without
>well-formed predators, in which bizarre macromutations among
>simple organisms might be viable?

Your hypothetical Precambrian creatures could hardly be "simple", since the
first Cambrian forms to appear are very complex, at least as complex as
modern organisms of equivalent types. So the question becomes, "Is it so
hard to imagine a modern epoch, a world with well-formed predators, in
which bizarre macromutations among simple organisms might be viable?

My response to both questions in my opinion is, we can imagine lots of
things, all I want to see is some evidence.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu