Re: Biblical Question - When did it first rain?

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 20:11:14 -0600

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the group.

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:26:09 EST, FJWhite27 wrote:

> My question is: Am I right to say that it didn't actually rain until the
> heavens were opened for the flood?

[....]

> I had thought that this explains why a rainbow had never previously been seen
> because there had been no rain to produce the effect?

I'm probably one of the few on this list who will agree with your
literal interpretation, but I think you are exactly right. As I've said
before, I wouldn't really call myself a "young-earth creationist" (YEC),
but I do have strong sympathies for that position and I do, for the most
part, lean toward a literal interpretation of Genesis.

An interesting verse for Bibical creationists who believe in long ages
of evolution is Jude 14: "Enoch, the seventh from Adam, ..." If the
first seven generations were literal, then there couldn't have been too
many thousands of years since Adam till now.

God bless,

Bill