Re: Contrary Evidence?

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:27:53 -0600

At 09:49 AM 1/24/98 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>Now I am intrigued.... What predictions does your model make that would be
>different from those of the conventional evolutionary model? If you can
>enumerate some those would be great areas for experimental investigation!
>Let me know!

Art,

I obviously am a very poor communicator. As many times aw we have been at
dinner and jousted with each other over various issues I am surprised that
you don't know some of these. Obviously I have failed to communicate my model.

I am not talking about predictive differences with evolution but with what
my model of the flood and of human history would predict that is different
from those of the conventional model. In Foundation,Fall and Flood I note
that if my view is true then evidence of human/spiritual activity will
eventually be found going much further back than it does now. Most
Christian apologists say that evidence for human spirituality goes no
further back than 40-60,OO0 years. But as I have documented on several
occasions there is evidence of religious objects back as far as 400,000
years and evidence for art at 1.6 million years. There is one case of
recognized art as long ago as 3.5 million years, a naturally occuring and
naturally carved red pebble resembling the face of an australopithecine was
carried for at least 4.8 kilometers to a rock shelter more than 3 million
years ago. See Desmond Morris, The Human Animal, p. 186-188 and K. P.
Oakley, "Emergence of Higher Thought 3.0-0.2 Ma B.P." Phil. Trans. r. Soc.
Lond. B, 292:205-211.

The second prediction concerns where I place the flood and where I place
Adam. In the Mediterranean basin when it was a dry desert. Obviously if
that happened, there is the possibility of some evidence still remaining
which might be found.

As of this moment I have no progress on this prediction. And I may never.
But if as time goes one, one finds more 'human' type activity further back
in time, then I would consider the first prediction substantiated.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood