Re: How deep the flood?

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 21:36:06 -0800

At 08:05 PM 1/15/98 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:
>I just ran into this as I finish Lockley and Hunt's book. He points out
>that marine sediments rarely have tracks in them.
>
>"Tracks of aquatic animals are generally rare, compared with their
>terestrial contemporaries." Dinosaur Tracks p. 235

Again, you are assuming they can tell what is marine and what is
terrestrial. I tell you Lockley has an axe to \grind. I wouldnt look to
him for any objectivity on this subject. You will have to examine the
underlying prememsms of everything he writes. Read some of his exchanges
in Geology and other places with Brand.

>I am not sure I can buy this. Doesn't Brand also have a theology requiring
>a global flood? If he does, then the same thing can be said of him that you
>say of Lockley. Don't get me wrong, I think Brand did some marvelous
>hypothesizing and experiments to try to support his hypothesis. I am not
>sure that I can agree that the preponderance of the evidence supports an
>aquatic environment.

We might as well move on then. You should at least read Brand's book
first, especially since you have read Lockleys. I think you will find an
openness you didn't find with Lockley.

His book is "Faith, Reason and Earth History: A Paradigm of Earth and
Biological Origins by Intelligent Design" Published by Andrews University
Press, Berrien Springs MI., 1997 Phone 616 471-6915.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu