Re: Another q. (was: How deep the flood?)

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:08:46 -0800

At 08:01 AM 1/15/98 GMT, Gary Collins wrote:
>I, for one, would be very interested to know what explanation your
>friend, or indeed, any "global flood" advocate, offers for this?
>Especially so, as this was one of the significant arguments that
>changed my views from YEC to becoming an "old earther" (OEC?)
>(doubtless the geologists among you will know all about this, but
>I still have much to learn).

This is not an area of my expertise, but Paul Buchheim has spent his life
studying this stuff. He has a number of extant systems which produce many
layers per day in natural environments. As far as the Green River Shale is
concerned, the system is much too complex to apply any particular mode of
origin to all of it. Buchheim, in any case does not think it was deposited
during the year of the flood.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu