ICC-98

John Tant, N4XAN (jtant@exis.net)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 03:11:20 -0500

Greetings all,
This came to me in an email, and I thought I'd pass it along to
anyone interested.

QUOTE:

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 00:07:09 -0500 (EST)
From: "James Boyes" <jmboyes@whidbey.net>
Subject: C-NEWS: 1998 International Conference on Creationism

Christian Education Awareness Network (CEANet) Message 540

Members of CEANet,

Here's a major heads-up concerning the upcoming International Conference
on
Creationism (ICC):

1998 International Conference on Creationism (August 3-8, 1998)
Location: Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA

About the ICC

The International Conferences on Creationism, (ICC) have served to
greatly further the creation model of origins. ICC98 continues in this
strong tradition as set forth by the sponsors of the ICCs, the Creation
Science Fellowship, Inc. of Pittsburgh, PA, and promises to surpass
prior
Conferences.

History of ICC

The Creation Science Fellowship sponsored the First International
Conference on Creationism (ICC) in Pittsburgh in 1986. The Second
International Conference on Creationism was held in July/August 1990.
The
International Conference's are recognized around the world as the
preeminent gathering for technical exchange on the topic of creation
science. The ICC brings together the world's top creationists for a
technical conference. It has two main purposes: general and technical.
Its intention is to provide something for everyone, from entry level
presentations on various topics in creation science to a highly
technical, peer reviewed symposium, with planned rebuttals and
discussions. The CSF intends this to be a quadrennial event.

The International Conferences on Creationism (ICC) have been recognized
as the world's premier gathering of creation researcher and have served
to greatly further the creation model of origins. ICC98 continues in
this strong tradition as set forth by the sponsors of the ICCs, the
Creation Science Fellowship, Inc., of Pittsburgh, PA, and promises to
surpass prior Conferences. ICC98 is composed of two Symposia:

TECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM

The Technical Symposium of the Forth International Conference on
Creationism brings to the forefront "state of the art" creation
research.
Continuing in the venue of the Third ICC, the Conference them is
*Developing and Systematizing the Creation Model of Origins*, and is a
peer-reviewed forum with more than 100 papers submitted. Papers fall
into the following major areas:

(1) Foundations of Science
(2) Life-Sciences
(3) Astro-Sciences
(4) Social Science and Humanities
(5) Earth and Planetary Sciences

The Technical Symposium runs the entire Conference from Monday, August
3,
through Saturday August 8. Registration begins on Sunday, August 2.

EDUCATORS' SYMPOSIUM

ICC98 is featuring a unique and exciting opportunity for educators form
all arenas of education. The Educators' Symposium has a three-fold
purpose:

(1) Facilitate exchange of creation pedagogy, including course design,
classroom tested lessons, and practica.
(2) Bring together creation educators to encourage networking,
especially
at the secondary and tertiary levels.
(3) Encourage communication of common concerns, such as problems of
legality, school administration, collegiality, and job security.

The Educators' Symposium is a _groundbreaking_ event in creation and
runs
from Thursday (August 6) through Saturday (August 8). Registration
begins Wednesday, August 5.

Who Should Attend This Conference?

Home-schooling parents
Private educators
Public educators
Pastors
Beginning & intermediate-level creationists
Creation science researchers
Intermediate & advanced creation scientists
Scientists
Engineers
Philosophers of science/academics
Theologians
Interested evolutionists

For additional information about ICC98 and/or the Creation Science
Fellowship visit these websites:

1998 International Conference on Creationism
http://www.icc98.org/Home/home.htm

Creation Science Fellowship
http://trfn.clpgh.org/csf/

Note: Information contained in this message is from _Creation Matters_ a
newsletter of the Creation Research Society, and the ICC98 website.

God Bless All of You,

Jim Boyes
jmboyes@whidbey.net

Host of Christian Education Awareness Network (CEANet),
http://www.webspawner.com/users/CEANet/

END QUOTE

-- ************************************************************************ John B. Tant, N4XAN   http://wwwp.exis.net/~jtant    jtant@exis.net **                                                                     **     The opinions I express are my own, don't blame my employer!     ** Principle Approach Education   http://www.pilot.infi.net/~stonebdg/ ************************************************************************