Independent Birth of Organisms

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noevalley.com)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 01:44:50 -0800

Clark E. Poole wrote:

> I saw a web page concerning a new theory of origins called "Independant
> Birth of Organisms" by a Dr. Senapathy. He is an Indian microbiologist.
> Senapathy proposed that all life originated in a primordial pond millions
> of years ago. He claims that evolution in the macro (protozoa to humans)
> sense did not occur. He also claims that he is not a creationist. See his
> site at www.fullfeed.com/genome/ for details. Any comments on this? cep

I think he allows that macro evolution did occur, but that the basic
phyla were established earlier than most people believe. Thus the
overall phylogenetic tree would be less like an ever-branching bush
and more like a candelabra, with lines established at the start
and rising independently as they evolve through gradual Darwinian
evolution.

If you like such individualistic theories, I recommend my own,
which has some similarities but is based on morphology, at
http://www.noevalley.com/segment/tablecon.htm

BTW, when citing a web page, it's good to include the whole
"http://...", because many mail programs will then highlight it as
a direct link to the web page.

-- Cliff LundbergSan Franciscocliff@noevalley.com
-- Cliff LundbergSan Franciscocliff@noevalley.com