RE: Impact no. 293

Brian D Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 16:43:20 -0500

At 09:50 AM 11/7/97 -0800, Jim Hofmann wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>Impact #293 included the following comment:
>
> "For example, over 20 scientific societies in the United States
>have policies in their bylaws denying acceptance of journal articles
>from
>creationists." (p. ii)
>
>Does anyone know what societies make up this list of 20?

I was rather amazed by this claim. My bet is that the list
is really short, 0. How would the editor of a journal know
that a submittee is a creationist? Do they keep a list or
something?

I had intended to send an e-mail either to Vardiman or to
the ICR asking for documentation of this claim but I could
find no e-mail addresses on their web page. Anyone know if
they have an e-mail address or if they have provided
documentation for this claim somewhere?

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"I'm gonna sue the ICR for using my name"
Sir Isaac Newton