Re: Earliest burial ritual

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Sun, 27 Jul 97 08:25:25 +0800

Glenn

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:56:18 -0500, Glenn Morton wrote:

>SJ>Firstly, you are always appealing to hominid technology to support your
>claim that an Australopithecine/Homo habilis could have built a huge 3-decker
>ark. But there is no evidence that such hominid technology died away. By
>the evidence of your own posts it shows a steady increasing sophistication.

GM>Stephen get past this. Are you deaf?

No. I had an ear operation, remember! ;-)

GM>This is the second time tonight and there are uncountable times
>past that I have admited that I don't know quite where to put
>Australopithecus. So please either criticise what I say or cease
>acting like the proverbial harpy who can't get past the liver.

Sorry, but I won't let you "get past this" until you answer it satisfactorily.
This is just another red-herring to divert attention away from the core
of your argument. My argument has little to do with "whether you
know know quite where to put Australopithecus". I actually said
"Australopithecine/Homo habilis" because that was what your own web
page says:

"The only way to fit the scriptural account with the scientific
observations is to have Adam and Eve be Homo habilis or
Australopithecus." (Morton G.R., "A Theory for Creationists", DMD
Publishing Co., 1996, http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm)

I am happy to add "/Homo erectus" or any other hominid you like. I
will rephrase my point to give you an opportunity to answer it:

You are always appealing to hominid technology to support your
claim that an early hominid (eg. Australopithecine/Homo
habilis/Homo erectus) could have built a huge 3-decker ark. But there
is no evidence that such hominid technology died away. By the
evidence of your own posts it shows a steady increasing
sophistication.

SJ>Secondly, if Noah was an Australopithecine (as your championing
>of the Lothagam jaw fragment indicates), then there is no evidence
>they were all wiped out 5.5 mya. If they were not all wiped out,
>then the world wasn't left with 8 Australopithecines (humans in your
>book).

GM>No Stephen, considering that you haven't read my book you really
>don't know what is in it.

I am waiting for a free copy! But by "humans in your book" I meant
your opinion, not your published "book".

GM>But the fact is that the australopithecines walked upright
>like you and I, not like an ape. Their foot prints were nearly identical to
>yours. It is at least worth a non-emotional consideration of what their
>status is.

I have no problem with this, but it is another diversion from the
point I made, namely that there is no evidence that the
Australopithecines were all wiped out 5.5 mya. If they were not all
wiped out, then the world wasn't left with 8 Australopithecines.

SJ>The Tasmanian aborigines therefore provide no evidence that
>neolithic farming and technology, once discovered, can be
>completely lost. Besides, the Bible clearly indicates that farming
>resumed after the Flood (Gn 9:20), technology advanced (Gn 11:3),
>and cities were built both before (Gn 4:17), and after (Gn 11:4-8)
>the Flood.

GM>This is silly. Anything can be forgotten and lost. Or are you
>suggesting that farming entered the gene pool and is now an instinct?

Again an attempt to divert attention away from your argument. My
point was that your appeal to Tasmanian aborigines as evidence of
lost neolithic farming and technology is false. There is no evidence
they ever had neolithic farming and technology, so they provide no
evidence that neolithic farming and technology, once discovered, can
be completely lost".

And you also ignore my second point: "the Bible clearly indicates
that farming resumed after the Flood (Gn 9:20), technology advanced
(Gn 11:3), and cities were built both before (Gn 4:17), and after (Gn
11:4-8) the Flood."

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439 (These are |