Re: As people become Christians

Dario A Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:00:24 -0700

At 05:01 PM 6/13/97 -0500, Russell T. Cannon wrote:

>Hey Dario,
>
>Concerning the many miracles that you mentioned--those attested to by
>scripture as well as those witnessed by yourself--I would say that they
>do tell us something about how G-d works, but they make no assertion
>that He *always* works this way. G-d frequently heals by supernatural
>means--perhaps more so than many people realize, but this does not mean
>that he *never* heals through the hands of a skilled surgeon. Just
>because G-d did use supernatural mechanisms in creation does not mean He
>*always* used supernatural mechanisms.

Agree totally with your assertion. After all Mark, the writer of the
gospel was a physician by trade. I do pray for healing if need, but I
don't forget Gods' answer to Paul ('my grace is sufficcient') when he
prayed regarding his 'thorn in the flesh'. To take the position of God
will always do this or that this way it faulty theology at best.

>In a sense, the natural laws--their processes, sequence, and order--are
>a sort of supernatural mechanism. By this I mean that if G-d created
>the universe from nothing by some supernatural mechanism, his subsequent
>manipulation of that universe regardless of the means would be part
>of--or better, an extension of--that original supernatural act.

He still doing this supernatural act. The writer of Hebrews drives this
point home with the following passage '...in these last days he has spoken
to us by His Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he
made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact
representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word.'
Heb. 1:2-3

Best Regards,

Dario Giraldo