Re: George Washington

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:37:55 -0400

Someone wrote:
>> As I said, there are in
>> 20th century man's possession, original documentation of
>> these events. However, history has no documentation of
>> anyone in the first century denying these events. Yes, they
>> deny Jesus was the Son of God, but they fail to deny He was
>> resurrected.

Russell Stewart responded

>And therefore, since we have no record of such denials, we should logically
>conclude that they never existed?
>
>> If someone were to write a book in 1997 that JFK was
>> resurrected and ascended into heaven in a cloud of glory,
>> well, I think that ATF would have gotten involved with the
>> process somewhere. There would simply be a public outcry to
>> deny that these events occured and these writings would just
>> go away for lack of credence.
>
>Not surprisingly, since we live in a time when such claims are met with
>much greater skepticism.

That may be more difficult to establish than it seems at first glance. A
compendium of all the conspiracy theories, new age religions, alien
abduction stories, etc. people believe today might make our age seem quite
gullible. I believe the point was that we have writings of people who were
quite close in time to the time of Jesus, who could correlate what they
heard from one source with other sources. Furthermore, these people were a
small minority. They were not in a position to suppress opposing
viewpoints.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr, Ph.D. | Staff Research Engineer
Chassis and Vehicle Systems | General Motors R&D Center | Warren, MI
William_E._Hamilton@notes.gmr.com
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX) | whamilto@mich.com (home email)