Re: logic makes a comeback

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Tue, 03 Jun 1997 08:13:49 -0600

At 12:03 PM 6/2/97 PST, you wrote:
>>>Even the materialists testify to
>>>transcendent non-material realities such as rationality and morality
>>>(see following post).
>
>>Once again, you are proceeding on the (subjective) assumption
>>that rationality and morality are transcendent concepts.
>
> Russ, I am curious if you think rationality and the laws of logic are
>just as subjective as morality in your thinking. I have assumed to this
>point in reading your messages (for example, the above title you made
>up) that you think logic is important and in some way the Christians on
>here are being irrational. Do you think logic is merely subjective? If
>so,
>why should anyone on here accept anything you say?

Well, I do think that there is such a thing as objective truth. For
example, it's an objective truth that the speed of light is (about)
300,000,000 m/s. And it's an objective truth that atoms consist of protons,
electrons, and (sometimes) neutrons. And so forth.

So perhaps I spoke too soon. If there is such a thing as objective truth,
then there is such a thing as objective rationality.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |

If Rush is Right, then I'll take what's Left.