Re: ICR and its slurs

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 13:32:45 -0600

At 01:05 PM 6/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:19 PM -0400 6/2/97, Brian D Harper wrote:
>>In fairness to Russell I would like to point out that Russell has
>>shown an admirable restraint in *not* applying the logic to
>>Christianity which has been applied to his own position. In fact,
>>Bill's last sentence [But Christianity can be misapplied, as can other
>>religious/philosophical systems, including yours.] has been a point
>>Russell has been trying
>>to get across over and over.
>
>Agreed. My point was that _Christians_ (and in some cases those who claim
>to be Christians) are to blame for the atrocities that have been committed
>over the years, not Christianity itself.

Exactly. And the same logic applies for those who justify their actions
with materialist philosophy.

>It is our observance that is
>flawed, not Christianity itself. Russell's view is that all moral systems
>are subjective. Mine is that Christianity is an objective moral system --
>one that we as Christians do not always observe as we should, but that's
>our fault, not the fault of the system. (I really hate calling Christianity
>a system. It's our fault rather than the fault of Jesus Christ)

OK, that's your view, and it's one that I respect. But it's not supported
by objective evidence, any more than mine is.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |

If Rush is Right, then I'll take what's Left.