Re: Logic makes a comeback: morality and materialism

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 13:32:28 -0600

At 10:45 AM 6/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>>Hitler believed that hurt (death) could be inflicted on an entire people
>>>for a
>>>higher good.
>>
>Russell wrote
>
>>He also believed that he was "doing the work of the Lord" in exterminating
>>Jews.
>
>This was a ploy for gaining public support. Hitler had little use for
>Christians, either, and planned to wipe many of them out after he was done
>with the Jews.

I know that. But nevertheless, the antisemitism that the Holocaust was largely
based on *did* have its roots in the Catholic church a long time ago.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |

If Rush is Right, then I'll take what's Left.