Re: Logic makes a comeback: morality and materialism

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 12:04:48 -0600

At 11:09 AM 5/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>(I believe that the Holocaust will be repeated within the next fifty to
>>one hundred years. Some of the NAZI justifications for murduring a
>>class of people have begun to appear in our society. Who do I think
>>will be the victims? The one's who have been labeled NAZIs today by
>>certain political extremists.)
>
>Russ,
>
>I don't doubt that you're correct, but it's already been repeated. More
>unborn American children have been murdered since Roe v. Wade, than Jews
>were exterminated in WW2. It's just another illustration of how a
>materialist view of humanity leads inexorably to a cheapened value of human
>life.

At what point does consciousness begin in a human?

>The old and sick appear to be next; indeed, in the Netherlands, it
>has already begun.

If you're referring to euthanasia, then please explain to me why it is
more moral to force a terminally ill person to suffer a long, horribly
painful death rather than giving them a peaceful one.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |

If Rush is Right, then I'll take what's Left.