Re: ICR and its slurs

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Tue, 27 May 1997 21:46:27 -0600

At 02:56 PM 5/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Russell Stewart wrote:
>
>> There is no such thing as an "objective moral standard". Christianity doesn't
>> have it any more than materialism does.
>
>Just let us all recognize that that is your personal opinion.

Actually, no, it is Jim's opinion that Christianity *does* have an objective
moral standard. If he wants me to believe that his opinion is a fact, he has
to make an effort to prove that it is.

>It is a
>valid position to take, but I have yet to meet a person who makes that
>same claim and live (not just talk) consistently with it. At some point,
>you are going to stand for something that you believe to be right,
>thereby implicitly acknowledging the reality of an objective moral
>standard.

Apparently not, since I *do* stand up for things that I believe to be right.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |

2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.