Re: Racism is Racism: Evolution is NOT

Brian D Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Thu, 22 May 1997 22:35:38 -0400

At 11:40 AM 5/23/97 +1000, Peter wrote:

[...]

>As one who has read Blavatsky's works, I concur with Levenda's mention of
>Darwinism (albeit perverted) as a central theme. The assertion, therefore,
>is not that Darwin's theory calls for racism, but that like many many other
>ideologies, when coupled with human sinfulness, it can and has provided
>racism a sturdy platform.

Thanks for a valuable contribution to this thread. I can agree with
all your conclusions save one. In my opinion it is very clear that
the assertion by Dan and others was that Darwin's theory itself,
and not a perversion of it, calls for racism.

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"God forbid that we should give out a dream of
our own imagination for a pattern of the world"
-- Francis Bacon