Re: They wish!

Brian D. Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:07:07 -0500

At 09:07 AM 1/24/97 -0800, Dario Giraldo wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Brian D. Harper wrote:
>snip...
>
>> "... a useful idea that paved the way to other useful ideas".
>>

>Still after all of the research, publications, time and energy spent on
>the question: where did all began and how it came to be, we find a very
>complex, hightly sophisticated process and extremely fine tuned to believe
>that it all happen by chance.

Maybe it didn't happen by chance then.

Oh boy, I don't want to open this can of worms again. Let me
just say that I know of no current origin of life researcher
who thinks "it all happened by chance".

DG:==
>If a Master Designer creates such a world,
>why does He need evolutionary processes to come up with a better creature.

Perhaps your quote from Isaiah is appropriate here.

"...my ways are not your ways..."

Just to think along the lines of what God needs or doesn't need
makes me a little uneasy.

[...]

>Anyway, I believe we could go on for a thousand years trading thoughts
>back and forth. You believe your process is the way it happened and I
>believe that God said let it be done and it was so. And truly nothing we
>say or do will change our way of thinking.

I change my way of thinking fairly regularly. For example, it wasn't
too long ago that I was a progressive creationist.

>So I'll just drop this theme for now, but it has been a delightful
>exchange.

likewise.

Brian Harper
Associate Professor