Re: News (not good) for Glenn

Brian D. Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:10:36 -0500

At 02:41 PM 1/24/97 EST, Jim Bell wrote:
>To Brian Harper, I must quote another favorite, The Chicken Hawk: "I'm gonna
>have to muss ya up."
>
>You asked me two questions. One concerning "non-modern humans" and one
>concerning "civilizations." Both questions are incomprehensible without more.
>I asked for some clarification so I could answer them.

Jim, I'm not going to play lawyer games. My original post was an attempt
to clarify your criteria for humanness. Along the way I asked questions
none of which you answered. Remember, you introduced the term
"modern human". Surely you must mean something by this term.

>Your answer was....no answer! It was a transparent attempt to avoid backing up
>these assertions with substance.

A typical ploy. Accusing me of doing exactly what you're doing.

Brian Harper | "If you don't understand
Associate Professor | something and want to
Applied Mechanics | sound profound, use the
The Ohio State University | word 'entropy'"
| -- Morrowitz
Bastion for the naturalistic |
rulers of science |