Re: apology

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 10:09:02 -0500

Glenn Morton wrote:

>Darrin hoisted me on my own petard by citing the overwhelming silence thing.
>I have learned my lesson. The overwhelming silence post was a post I wrote
>when something I felt was very important was totally ignored. No one responded
>at all. It was never meant to force a particular individual to respond but it
>was in the form of an observation that Christians often get really quiet when
>something that differs from their theology is presented. This observation I
>still stand by. With this clarification I apologize to anyone who was offended
>by that post.

I have had similar feelings myself. I post some insight I've had and it's
like dropping it into a black hole. I don't know whether I've offended
virtually everyone on the list, whether no one understood what I said, or
whether the comment was totally without merit and no one wants to embarrass
me by pointing it out. Or perhaps it just got lost in the shuffle. We
post because we have ideas we'd like to discuss. It can be very
frustrating when no one catches the ball and tosses it back. I'm sure
someone feels slighted by me because I failed to respond to his/her comment
or query. I've been quite busy the past few months, and I admit I miss
comments and questions that are directed at me sometimes. I will always
try to respond to a private email followup, though.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr, Ph.D. | Staff Research Engineer
Chassis and Vehicle Systems | General Motors R&D Center | Warren, MI
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX) | whamilto@mich.com (home email)