Re: Glenn's faith in catfish

Glenn Morton (grmorton@gnn.com)
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 06:22:39

Jim Bell wrote the other day.

> "The real obstacles to such a move were the massive structural
> changes needed to make life on land worthwhile. To bein with,
> the fish would need legs simply in order to relieve the
> pressure of its body on the ground, which would compress the
> lungs.

OK Jim, since your lawyerly training will not allow you to admit in public
that you said something erroneous (I guess you think there is a jury around
here somewhere), lets start with something simple. Would you agree that the
walking catfish has been able to solve this problem you mention above?

And to Brian who wrote:

>Ok, Ok. Glenn, you ignorant dork brained dufus headed dweeb nosed slob!!!
>Quit begging already. ;-).

I think I understand the game now. When Jim says something wrong, it really
wasn't wrong because we misunderstood what he said. In either case we are
wrong. So if we quit begging Jim to admit an error we lose(he gets away with
it), but if we continue begging he wins because he gets to express dismay that
we could misunderstand him so badly. Is that correct Jim?

Must be a nice life. :-)

glenn

Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm