Re: Glenn's faith in catfish

Brian D. Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 00:41:58 -0500

At 11:03 PM 1/1/97 EST, Jim wrote:
>Brian wrote:
>
><<You've been given two examples of fish that climb out of the water
>and walk on land. The claims above are obviously false, do you want
>to retract them?>>
>
>Oh come now. What discussion have you been reading? The problems with fish
>"evolution" are not solved when Glenn Morton tells us about a "walking
>catfish" that no one has analyzed (and it was Glenn himself who asked for help
>on this). I never said, as Glenn and you want to believe, that this catfish
>does not exist.

Why do you say I want to believe this when I already acknowledged that you
didn't say it? I also did not say or imply that the problems with fish evolution
were solved. In discussing said problems, though, you mentioned some
obstacles to evolution which turn out to be false. Are you going to acknowledge
this or not? Oh, sorry, I think you already answered this question.

>How this catfish is constructed, and how it came to be this
>way are the questions. Glenn obviously thinks such evolutionary questions are
>easy. He even claimed this catfish was a transitional form! Why don't you jump
>all over him for begging the question?

Ok, Ok. Glenn, you ignorant dork brained dufus headed dweeb nosed slob!!!
Quit begging already. ;-).

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics