Re: Hugh Ross program

David J. Tyler (D.Tyler@mmu.ac.uk)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:56:44 GMT

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Glenn Morton wrote:

> I just listened to Hugh Ross' program tonight, Reasons to Believe. He said a
> lot of things about anthropology with are totally incorrect. ...
>
> This makes me want to cry because he is so influential and so wrong.

Glenn, you might like to know that a paper was presented at the Mere
Creation Conference which has much common ground with your views.
Sigrid Hartwig-Scherer considered the hominid fossil record from the
perspective of Basic Type biology. The conclusion was that all the
Homo fossils (with the possible exception of the controversial Homo
habilis) can be understood as belonging to the same Basic Type (and
therefore may be considered descendants of Adam and Eve). The
australopithecenes were interpreted as another Basic Type.

This paper will eventually be published in the Conference
Proceedings.

It presents quite a different picture from Hugh Ross - who was at the
conference (although I don't know whether he heard this lecture). I
can say that he did not make any points during the question time.

Best wishes,

*** From David J. Tyler, CDT Department, Hollings Faculty,
Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
Telephone: 0161-247-2636 ***