Re: The man with the rhesus monkey brain (was Re: Jim's poor view of the Neanderthal)

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 16:35:32 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Steve Clark wrote:

> >detritus. In evolutionary terms, you can't prove him wrong.
>
> there are a lot of terms that fail to argue against Hitler. Big deal.
> >
> >On moral terms, of course, you can. But that's the point: Our moral terms come
> >from a moral source. Evolutionism doesn't have that available to it.
>
> Are you sure of this? There is quite a literature on the evolution of
> morality (e.g., there are plenty of examples of the adapativeness of
> altruism). I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but you should be
> careful of what you claim.
>
> Ph.D

And just how do you suggest does morality (e.g. examples of the
adapativeness of altruism) prove evolution as opposed to creation with
intelligent design.

I would think that just the opposite would be the logical conclusion, i.e.
morality is the result of intelligent design. The Doc's for this design
can be found in a little black book called the Holy Bible.

=====m-_
`,_` ./.~`-,. "Throughout the hundreds of millions
=,` / 'i '~+=,_ of years the coelacanths have kept
v. . !-. = __. ~\=. the same form and structure. Here is
` ,_. , i`,_'\.- ~e_ one of the great mysteries of evolution"
' -.-,s @@Wi[ ,z,c \\.
.Y/ ,_-8!s/*fi! '',_\,!@m[ Jacques Millot, "The Coelacanth"
_si /i@Wzzz`--,dPV\gW@f
-=`-(- ',,`! Wf+i dMTf~~Y**f[ ~ Randy Landrum
!-! ! ,./,@b- -WW/b@mW~msm! ~ B.A. Brooks Institute
P-' , ' ~_dA~~M@WD*fV\]bA@@f ~ US Coordinator FaithNet 700:1000/0.0
e..! ,,!A`im/ - .*NW@@@Wf ~ randyl@efn.org
@XW`. A~ 2+e2@@@@@A~ ~