Re: The man with the rhesus monkey brain (was Re: Jim's poor view of the Neanderthal)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@gnn.com)
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 18:33:38

Jim, wrote:

>Glenn Morton gives it the old college try:

Thanks Jim. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the effort. As an exercise in
debate, that was too interesting a question to pass up.

><< And since
>societies also evolve, a society that attacks itself is less fit than a
>society which does not do that. Hitler used the organs of state to kill
> off
>some of the brainiest and most industrious people in his own society. Thus
>his society was much less fit (as history showed) than ours which did not
>engage in self-cannibalism.>>
>
>Sorry, but Hitler saw it in different terms. He saw himself purging society
> of detritus. In evolutionary terms, you can't prove him wrong.
>
>On moral terms, of course, you can. But that's the point: Our moral terms
> come
>from a moral source. Evolutionism doesn't have that available to it.
>
>I admire your courage on this one. No philosopher would have attempted it.

I am not a philosopher; merely a geophysicist.

glenn

Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm