Re: Fish eyes...

Brian D. Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:29:42 -0500

At 11:32 PM 11/13/96 -0800, Randy wrote:

>>RL:==
>> >When those who profess to be Christians ignore huge sections of
>> >scripture to fit the evolution of religion for science, they are
>> >nothing but a rotting mouth symbol of christianity. They are the
>> >predator that bites off the face of all those who have died and
>> >used the symbol of the Fish as their faith in Jesus Christ.

BH:==
>> Randy, I hope you will forgive a slight paraphrase of one
>> of Jesus' sayings. See to your own rotting mouth before talking
>> about the rotting mouths of others.

RL:==

>If I did have the power to forgive sins I would but I don't. Only God
>knows your heart. If you truly ask for God's forgiveness I am sure he will
>do so. God's word is clear on paraphrasing though:

The verse I was paraphrasing is

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's
eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Luke 6:41 NIV

So, Randy, am I to conclude from your reply that this verse
applies only to removing literal specks of sawdust and
planks from literal eyes?

Brian Harper | "If you don't understand
Associate Professor | something and want to
Applied Mechanics | sound profound, use the
The Ohio State University | word 'entropy'"
| -- Morrowitz
Bastion for the naturalistic |
rulers of science |