Re: ORIGINS: a new successful prediction for my view 2/2

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 19:29:07

Stephen wrote of the Neanderthal flute:

>Even conceding that this was a "flute" (which is open to doubt since
>it is broken and cannot be played and our resident musicians doubt
>that it could have played), how is this a problem for Ross' view?
>The date of "45,000 years ago" is well within Ross' 60,000 years for
>Adam.

It is a problem for Ross because Ross wrote:

"From a biblical standpoint, I see Neanderthals as one of
the nephesh, soulish (not spiritual) creatures God made before he
made humans. In other words, the Neanderthals must have been a
bipedal mammalian species created a few tens of thousands of
years before Adam and Eve. Neanderthals became extinct, possibly
as the rusult of some climactic upheaval, at least several
thousand years before the creation of Adam and Eve."~Hugh Ross,
"Link with Neanderthals Cut by Computer," Facts & Faith, 9:3, 3rd
Qtr. 1995, p. 2

Since Neanderthal is not to be considered human, when Neanderthal shows
evidence of an artistic spirit, it becomes a problem.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm