Re: 2-`Adam' model 1/2 (was MHC question)

pdd@gcc.cc.md.us
17 Sep 1996 21:55:46 EDT

WH>Glenn Morton wrote:

>>Genesis 1 in my view is the proclamations of what the universe would be lik
>>made by God prior to the existence of the universe. There was no Adam prio
>>to the creation of the universe. The Genesis 1 Adam refers to the Genesis
>>Adam in the same sense as a prophecy refers to the future. One Adam. That
>>all there was.

WH>I heard this view a number of years ago from a man who taught a seminar in
WH>our church. The seminar had nothing to do with origins, (it was on
WH>Scriptural guidance for family living or the like) and this man seemed to
WH>be quite orthodox in his theology.

WH>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WH>William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
WH>1346 W. Fairview Lane
WH>Rochester, MI 48306
WH>(810) 652 4148

This would mean that God prophesied in the past tense. But that would
not make it a prophecy, would it? It would be an historical account.
Perhaps you mean Genesis 1 includes an account of proclamation +
prophecy + fulfillment?

Paul

to: IN:whamilto@mich.com
cc: IN:evolution@calvin.edu