Fw: Y-chromosome and age of "men"

Russell Maatman (rmaat@mtc1.mtcnet.net)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 15:41:12 -0500

To the group:

Joel Duff asks if we have discussed the Science article cited below.
Beginning late in November, 1995, I asked in the thread, "A Question for
TE's," if Jesus' Y-chromosome indicated he was descended from that male of
270,000 years ago. If his Y-chromosome did so indicate, then, since he did
not have a human father, we must conclude that he was made to look like he
had a human father. If his Y-chromosome indicated otherwise, then we have
in principle (even thought the technology was not available then) a
physical test for his uniqueness.

It would seem that the second alternative is not possible, and so we are
left with the idea that God made a man who looked like he had such-and-such
an ancestor, whereas he actually did not. Then, just because Adam may have
genetically looked like an animal, are we to conclude that he necessarily
did descend from an animal?

This argument caused a bit of stir. But I am not willing to conclude that
anyone was convinced by my reasoning!

Russell Maatman