Re: 2-`Adam' model 1/2 (was MHC question)

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 15:50:13

Stephen wrote:
>Thanks Paul. Glenn appears to have his own "2-Adam theory" because
>presumably if "Genesis 2 is a totally separate event" which "occurred
>billions of years after Genesis 1", then he holds that the "Man" of
>Genesis 1 is different from the "Adam" of Genesis 2? The difference
>main between Glenn's and my 2-`Adam' theory is that Glenn believes
>that Genesis 1 and 2 are separated by "billions of years", whereas I
>maintain that the Genesis 1 "Man" and Genesis 2 "Adam" overlap and
>may later have converged (eg. Cain's wife -- Gn 4; Sons of God and
>daughters of men -- Gn 6, etc.):

No Stephen,

Genesis 1 in my view is the proclamations of what the universe would be like,
made by God prior to the existence of the universe. There was no Adam prior
to the creation of the universe. The Genesis 1 Adam refers to the Genesis 2
Adam in the same sense as a prophecy refers to the future. One Adam. That is
all there was.

Glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm