Re: The 1st Paleontologist and Noah

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 06:19:27

Paul wrote:

>Glenn... sorry for the rabbit trail but I thought this an interesting
>aside... not really meant for debate.
>
>GR>It has long been known that Neanderthals and anatomically modern humans
> live
>GR>in caves just down the road from each other in the Middle East. This
>GR>cohabitation seems to have taken place for something like 60,000 years.
>
>Looks like they were peaceful neighbors... how does that relate to your
>local flood model? What happened to these Neanderthals who lived with
>humans?

Why do you think my view requires them to be anything else? Must they be
vicious enemies?

You have not really understood my view. The flood was long prior to
Neanderthal and anatomically modern humans living in the same neighborhood.

What happened to the Neanderthal? They went extinct. This is no different
than the Man Dan Indian tribe going extinct last century, or the Norse
Greenland colony all dying off.

Howeever, I do believe there was some interbreeding, but not a lot. I think
each group thought the other too ugly to marry.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm