Re: The 1st Paleontologist was a Neanderthal

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 06:13:43

Paul wrote:

>The obvious point being that when we attempt to attach humanness to
>Neanderthal we must also be willing to accept the God-breathed spirit
>and personal relationship that God created with and in man (Adam). To be
>human is to be a personal, rational, and moral being holding the
>knowledge of God. Anything short of this is simply not human in my
>opinion. Do you disagree?

I fully agree, and for the record, I beleive Adam was a special creation
albeit in a different way than you.

>For the sake of argument, if one holds that Neanderthal preceded Adam,
>than he cannot be human by this definition. Any attempt to associate
>psycho-social God-breathed human qualities to something which does not
>have the image of God is not fruitful toward an understanding of the
>true evidence needed to establish humanness. It smacks of simple
>anthropomorphism. It also opens a host of questions about when and where
>evolution ends and the God-breathed life and spirit in man begins.

You were gone when I finally found the web site for the Neanderthal flute. It
is http://www.zrc-sazu.si/www/iza/piscal.html . Now, can we seriously believe
that an ape or non-spiritual being made and played the flute? In otherwords
do you believe in a mute, brute, who plays the flute?

>Time is immaterial to the argument at this juncture. If eventually a
>picture and evidence of Neanderthal humanness that reflects the
>knowledge and spirit of God develops, then, yes, Adam had to have
>preceded Neanderthal. It was Adam who first experienced God. What a
>marvelous model to seek to piece together.

Time is not irrelevant. This is the origins issue after all. If a spiritual
being was on earth prior to the appearance of anatomically modern humans, that
is an important piece of knowledge and needs to be incorporated into theology.

>The time argument is all too often served up as a red herring that
>distracts us from coming to a conclusion on the origin of man. We have
>become obsessed with it. I believe that the first man was specially
>created by God and that that creation did not include evolution. When it
>occurred is not as important to that discussion.

If you can't tell someone who, what,when, where, and how the events occurred,
then you have no theory of origins at all. And you have no science. Time is
not a red herring but an essential piece of the puzzle.

Who?-Adam; When?-5.5 million years ago. Where?- Mediterranean. How? go look at
my web page.

>GR>One of the things I have been trying to do with my researches into
>GR>anthropology is to show just how weak the answers christians have given
> on
>GR>these issues
>
>Than I have a question for you... Were Neanderthals human as I have
>defined?

YES!!!!!!
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm