Re: A Rabbit Trail

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:17:34

I need to correct something I said. It has been pointed out that I
attributed something to Paul Durham that he did not say. I must have mixed
up different posts. I apologize to Paul for any bad things that came from
this. It was entirely my stupidity.

I wrote:
>>So you said last night that animals were only able to reproduce after
>> their kind.
>
>>Your interpretation would say that beefaloes should not exist but they
> do.
>
>>You said that animals and plants could only reproduce after their
> kind...

Paul is correct. I can not find where Paul said this yesterday so I retract
the attribution. Please forgive me Paul. I guess I remembered your
citation a couple of days earlier of Leviticus 19:19 in response to my
statement:

>>Animals do not produce animals according to their kind.

Now. So I can understand you correctly, do you or do you not think that
animals must reproduce after their kind?

>I have not been debating your position on kinds. You have been debating
>your own posts which, unfortunately, did not quote me properly. I have
>only quoted Leviticus 19:19 and asked a followup question. I personally
>thought that you answered the question very well (maybe God didn't want
>any beefaloes! :-)).

Sometimes debating with myself if quite entertaining. :-)

>BTW, the sequence of our posts shows that you took the string off topic
>on 7/7/96 immediately after my post suggesting a discussion on Christ
>and Creation. I thought that we should call it a "rabbit trail" since it
>did not deal with the original idea.
>
>An old pastor of mine used to call discussions that didn't deal with the
>original subject matter "rabbit trails". They often lead to the briar
>patch!
>
>:-)

I love briar patches. There are so many interesting things to be found
there. Besides, I have rarely seen suggested topics of discussion on
internet really go anywhere. It is difficult to control what others might
want to say. :-(

Since you changed the title of this thread to rabbit trail, lots of good
thorns and thistles have been seen. Why, this thread inspired my "after
their kind" question which got Denis to come out of cold storage up in
Canada. :-)

Once again, I am sorry for the mis-attribution. My memory is not what it
used to be.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm