Re: After their kind

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 07:59:12 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Glenn Morton wrote:

> Let me ask a question of those who believe that the Bible teaches that
> animals must reproduce after their kind.
>
> When God inspired Genesis, was He unaware that animals like the bison and
> cow were able to produce a cross? Was He unaware that plants could engage
> in polyploidy with other genera and produce new kinds of plants?

Hi Glenn,
Interesting thought. Of course, the answer is God clearly knew, unless of
course, we are talking about some Process God which I can't see could be
the God of the Bible.

But more importantly, was THE WRITER of Genesis 1 aware? That is, when
the Holy Spirit inspired the writer did He permit the him to write within
his intellectual context (i.e., the ancient agrarian notion of
reproduction after one's kind)?

In Him,
Denis

Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD (cand)
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."