Re: Neanderthal personal ornaments #1/2

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 21:56:42

Stephen wrote:

>Group
>
>On Sun, 07 Jul 1996 21:21:24, Glenn Morton wrote:
>
>GM>Stephen Jones wrote:
>>
>>>The diference between Pearce and I is that I am
>>>prepared to say that the genus Homo (eg. H. habilis, H. erectus, H.
>>>neanderthalis) had an emerging image of God.
>>
>>Are you now saying that the image of God EVOLVED?
>
>No. I am saying that God progressively created it! :-)

Can you show that to me in the Bible? The only place anything is said
about the image of God is Gen. 1. Gen. 1 man is in the image of God. In
your view that means that H. erectus was in the image of God. Since there
was only one creatin spoken of, it would appear to me that you are adding
to the account.

>I am attracted to Leakey's description of the four key stages of
>human development:

Gee, I thought we were talking about the Biblical account. I guess you
believe that Leakey's account is contained in the Scripture.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm