Re: God's Intervention (was Developmental Evolutionary Bi.

Bill Hamilton (whamilto@mich.com)
Sat, 11 May 1996 05:35:42 -0400

Denis Lamoureux wrote:
>Do you agree that there is a schism emerging in North American
>evangelicalism/fundamentalism between YEC and PC? If so, why? Maybe
>Hawking's influence?

I'm not sure I'd agree with "emerging". I remember reading some of Morris
& Co.'s YEC literature in the late 70's, in which they took great pains to
close off the PC route, starting from Gen 2:2: "By the seventh day God had
finished the work he had been doing; and on the he rested." I have a
splendid example of that captured on tape: Duane Gish falling all over
himself to take Hugh Ross to task on Focus on the Family a few years ago.
In any case you are correct that the YEC's are quite suspicious of PC.

William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
1346 W. Fairview Lane
Rochester, MI 48306
(810) 652 4148